Contemporary Art Museum Membership
You Belong at the Akron Art Museum
We believe art is for everyone. In Northeast Ohio, through our unique exhibitions and programs, no one else does what we do.
Our mission is to enrich lives through modern and contemporary art. We introduce thousands of visitors each year to the significant art of our time from local, national and international artists in our exhibitions and collection galleries.
Each year, we present dozens of programs, including programs for kids, artist talks, tours, film screenings, workshops and concerts for visitors of all ages and backgrounds. For example, our Art Babes program stimulates the development of our youngest visitors, ages 0 – 18 months, through sensory experiences filled with blobs of color, fuzzy edges, shapes, scents and touch.
Not only do we offer enriching experiences to museum visitors, but we also bring meaningful contemporary art directly into people’s homes with the Akron Art Library, a partnership with the Akron-Summit County Public Library. All you need to check out an original work of art to display in your home is a Summit County library card.
Thanks to the generosity of supporters of the arts like you, many of our programs are free for all visitors and most are free for our members.
Whether you join the museum for the benefits of membership—like special access to exhibitions, discounted programs and members-only events—or whether you join to make a financial contribution to the museum’s programs and mission, your membership makes access to great art experiences for everyone in Northeast Ohio a reality.
By purchasing an Akron Art Museum membership, you support art and creativity for all.
$50 Art Enthusiast membership (for 1 adult)
· Unlimited free admission to the galleries
· Complimentary parking in the High/Market deck.
· 10% discounts in the museum shop and café
· Half-off guest admission tickets
· Access to exclusive art experiences, Members-Only exhibition preview events and programs, as well as free children's and family educational programs
· Mailed copies of Akron Art Museum’s quarterly magazine, View
· A copy of Akron Art Museum: Art Since 1850: An Introduction to the Collection
· Akron Art Museum sticker